Saturday, February 25, 2006

Happy Blogiversary

Well, Northern Exposure has reached a milestone kilometerstone: it was one year ago today that I made my first blog post. Some stats: In the past 365 days, I've managed to post 277 times, for an average of 0.758 posts per day (PPD). My readership has increased from (an estimated) 3 in Feb. 2005 to (an estimated) 9 in Feb. 2006 - a threefold increase! The highlight so far has probably been Jacob Sullum at Reason linking at Hit & Run to my post about the Edmonton "Butt Bus", which was a real thrill for me as he is someone I have long admired for his work on drug laws and civil liberties. Over the past year, I've had a lot of fun learning about politics, society, economics, and the blogosphere itself, as well as getting to know some of my fellow bloggers. More importantly, I have made some progress on my original goal with creating this blog: to clarify some of my own thinking about various issues and try to become more eloquent in the expression of my ideas (of course, there is still a long way to go in that regard, but I think I've improved).

Thanks to all of you for reading!

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Happy Blogiversary; and perhaps at this important kilometerstone we could measure your influence in stones, just for good times, and because it relates to curling, wherein a stone weighs three stones, if that makes any sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home