Thursday, March 02, 2006

Feel-Good Sports Story of the Year

Forget about the Olympics, because this is a million times better. If you've got two and a half minutes, watch this news report about an autistic teenager in Rochester, NY, who's the manager of his high-school basketball team. It's amazing.

(And keeping with the basketball theme, this one is cool in a totally different way. If you ever watched Michael Jordan play back in the day, you'll recognize some of these memorable moments from his career. They did an incredible job re-creating the positions, motions, and emotions of all the players.)

2 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Oh my goodness. Thanks so much for that link Scott. That was amazing. I'm so posting that on my site. I think that stories like this mean more to me now being that my nephew has a handicap. I think this video just made my day!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger The Offensive Coordinator said...

Yeah, it made mine, too. The boys in my dorm (who are huge basketball fans) told me about it. And I think it will change the way they think about autistic people forever, which is pretty cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home