Thursday, June 01, 2006

Update on 'Racism' in Seattle Schools

A couple of weeks I go I ran this post, which brought up a very strange definition of racism being used in Seattle's public schools. Now here's an update on the story, which created a minor fiasco in the blogosphere. There wasn't much written about it in Seattle's mainstream press, but today the Cato Institute's Andrew Coulson had a piece in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer that looked at the issue. And faster than you can say "I'm pulling my kid from Seattle's public schools", the page with the interesting definitions of racism is gone from the school district's website (although you can still see it here with Google cache). Pretty funny stuff.

If you're looking for an independent education in Seattle, you might want to look here. It's somewhere I'm keeping in mind as a potential future employer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home