Tuesday, June 20, 2006

When The Pork Hits the Baby Diapers

One of my favorite blogs is the hilarious To The People, although it's admittedly not for everyone. Since I'm plugging them today, I thought I would do my part to popuralize an expression one of their bloggers came up with a while back. The goal is to rid the world of the utterly lame and overused expression "we can put a man on the moon, but we can't do X"

(With "X" being "cure cancer", "eliminate poverty", "put the Dukes of Hazard back on TV", you name it).

Inspired by a speech on border security by Congressman Patrick McHenry (R-NC) that concludes:

"Mr. Speaker, you are telling me, this report tells me that the Border Patrol can stop 2 pounds of pork in a diaper from entering this country, but we can't stop $58 billion worth of illegal drugs and half a million illegals crossing the border each year? This is crazy. We must fix this problem before people start smuggling themselves in diapers."

Cicero of TtP proposes the following:

Your job, should you choose to accept it, is to popularize this expression. I want to hear a character on TV say "We can find pork in baby diapers, but we can't find a cure for cancer" by the end of the year. Get to it! I know you can make this expression popular. Don't make me have to say, "we can put a man on the moon, but we can't popularize the baby diaper expression."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home