Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Ottawaman Empire

I'm up in Ottawa, Ontario for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend to visit my good friend Garry and his girlfriend Bonnie, who has just started a PhD at the University of Ottawa. Yesterday we hit the new Canadian War Museum, and today the Canadian Museum of Civilization. Both were excellent: educational, thought-provoking and emotion-inducing for this ex-pat.

Besides that, I've managed to find time to worship at the Church of Tim Horton's every morning:
And I learned how to drive a Southeast Asian taxi at the Canadian Children's Museum:
I need to go back there when I won't have to fight for the best toys with a bunch of 6 year olds. Those kids were totally hogging the crane.

Finally, we made it to the Parliament Buildings and I got to express my feelings on the performance of the government:
Tomorrow I'm off to Montreal for a quick visit with my high school friend Chris, who's a sleazy banker or something there. All in all, it's been a great weekend in Ottawa, and now were getting ready to have a Thanksgiving dinner that can't be beat.
Thanks guys!

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Garry said...

Hey, those are great pictures. We did have a great time - now let's go get drunk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home